Lately, the debate among business owners is whether they should hire writers or just let an artificial intelligence software do the writing for them. It has become the Upwork of 15 years ago. Back then, the site was just starting and many of the people on the site were willing to accept low pay, which made competing as a writer difficult for those of us who value our work and experience. After awhile writers learned how to work the Upwork system and still make a fair value. That is what is happening today with A.I. doing the writing. Writers need to figure out how to use A.I. while still keeping their integrity, high-quality and value.
Before I get to why small businesses should use me over using A.I. 100 percent, it is important to understand cautions. When A.I. does the writing, it is pulling from things on the Internet. Therefore, you are not sure where it found the information. It could be taking something without permission and violating a copyright. A large organization, such as N.Y. Times, is likely to sue, which the paper already did. Now, if you know the risk of a lawsuit, here are other reasons why using me or others like me makes sense.
1. Best of Both Worlds -- One of the criticisms of using A.I. is that the software does not sound human and has no emotion in its articles. If you use A.I., you can allow someone like me edit the copy to put that emotional human element back into the article. This would give small business owners the best of both worlds. If you think back to when print was the main medium available, editors were needed to make copy sound better and reach readers on an emotional level. This is still the case today. You need editors to reach your target market. While A.I. can write something, editors like me can make that copy better.
2. Industry Knowledge -- A.I. is using information on the Internet but knows nothing of what happened before things were on the Internet. While industries have changed drastically since then, people like me who have been in the media industry for more than 30 years have knowledge that small businesses can tap. The knowledge in my head is different from what can be found. This gives me an advantage over computers that know only what is programmed to know.
3. No Training -- Often, A.I. enthusiasts say that business owners have to train the A.I. on how you want to present yourself. Some experts believe that it takes six months to get the training correct. While business owners have to consult with me on how they want something to be, they do not have to train me on writing. I had that training in college. I used that training for more than 30 years. I know how to write and how to edit something. I know how to work with clients on getting something they way they want it. Therefore, you can get your blogs and marketing materials they way you want it quicker than you would if you had to train your A.I. to do it.
4. Quality Over Quantity -- A.I. can produce books, blogs and content fast. It could crank out a blog in minutes while I would probably take longer. I was told by an expert that companies would have to wait days to receive a blog from a writer, but I disagree with that statement. A professional writer can produce a piece within an hour, especially those of us who are used to writing on deadlines. We know how to write fast, but we do not write as fast as A.I. For example, I wrote this blog in 30 minutes. What we give you over a quick turnaround, though, is quality writing. We understand your goal and give you material that meet your goals. Everything we do is high-quality and well-thought. Many people say A.I. produces quality, but I have read things written by A.I. They sound like a computer and have errors in them, but I will admit that some could be good if you don't care what readers think about your company or posts.
I am sure there are reasons why you want to use A.I. I am not saying you have to choose me over A.I. I am giving you food for thought about why you can use both. Before I end this blog, The 1776 Retreat is close to being released. I have a cover now. Watch for it.

Comments
Post a Comment