Skip to main content

Use All Your Resources When Marketing


 

This week, I the value in using all my resources. I recently joined P.O.W.E.R., an organization for women of excellence. As a member, I have the ability to target these women business owners with e-mails and to connect with them on a one-to-one basis. This feature has proven a good benefit of my membership. I can read profiles and find women that I believe I could help or women who could help my clients. I can get to know them. In addition, I am making important connections. Here are some tips for you to use your resources.

  1. Tap Associations – Go to the memberships and build relationships. These people could lead you to profitable marketing opportunities. Even if they can't be your target client, they might know people who can be your target market. Building relationships with people in groups you already join will help you continue to build your sphere of influence and eventually increase your profitability and name recognition.

  2. Go for Broke – Business consultants and marketers will tell you to avoid cold e-mails or cold calls. They almost never work. It is easier to get clients through warm introductions than a cold call. What do you have to lose? Try the cold calls or the cold e-mails. This week, I found a list the Tampa Bay Business Directory. I searched through the list and found a video production company. I figured that my e-mail would probably be deleted or ignored if read. However, I sent an e-mail asking whether the company used script-writers. I received a call within five minutes of my sending the e-mail. I talked with him for an hour and then we met in person the same day. Turns out, he needs a writer for several books, a website project and his legacy videos. This never would have happened if I had listened to the advice-givers and not tried the cold e-mail.

  3. Use Social Media – Some connections on social media are family and friends. Others are people you have met networking, but some are people who ask to connect with you without first knowing you. These are the ones you want to try to get to know. You also could do a search for the target market you want and connect with them. In the note to connect, mention that you want to start a conversation. That usually works to show it is not a sales pitch. I have gone through my LinkedIn connections, especially people who haven't heard from me in a long time. I also hit the new connections with questions about what they might need. For me, LinkedIn works best, but some get good results from Facebook.

  4. Ask Family and Friends – They might have issues where you could help. The first book I edited was for my great uncle who wanted to pass his stories down to the family. He paid me as an editor. In addition, early in my career when my parents had the house in Cape May, my mother asked me to write for her brochure and lay out the content. This was prior to Adobe Creative Suite and was challenging to do. Currently, I occasionally get asked by a friend or family member for specific writing.

When you use all your resources, you get positive results. Your business grows. The marketing works and is effective.

While I don't want this blog to be a soap box, I have to again ask people to fight the trend to deprive people of their right to speak or write what they wish. Why does removing beloved characters good for America? When you start banning people's creativity, you go down a dangerous road. I am referring to Porky Pig, Speedy Gonzalez and Elmer Fudd. They do not make fun of people. They are representing all types of Americans. When they are removed, the sample is skewed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbows Provide Beautiful Inspiration

    In June, rainbows are used for ugly references to people who do things they shouldn't. Instead of using rainbows as symbols for that, try using rainbows for inspiration for your writing. 1. Beautiful Colors -- If you have ever seen rainbows after a storm in the sky, the colors are vivid against a dark stormy sky . These can make you think of colorful descriptions for your settings. Everyone knows the seven colors of a rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and indigo). However, the colors of the sky can range from a bluish gray to a deep charcoal when a rainbow appears. Those bright colors against the deep charcoal can be impactful.  2. Resilience -- They also can represent resilience of your characters. When a rainbow appears, it is usually after much destruction has happened. In your stories , the characters might have had to endure something similar and came through the problem with stronger life. They are shown to be resilient. In addition to fiction, rainbows

Books to Buy During Easter

  Easter is just a few weeks away. Instead of writing about marketing or editing tips, I thought I would highlight some Christian books that you could buy for gifts. The Thief, the Harlot and the Healer tells a fictional story of strength and courage in 33 A.D. of a woman who had no rights. The main character by Mike E Clements was abducted as a young woman and forced into prostitution. She has the courage to leave the brothel and is looking for salvation, but she doesn't believe her life is worth saving despite what people tell her. The story leads the reader to Rachel kneeling before the cross and understanding how much God loves her. Words in Red: Witness for the Prosecution thinks about the people around Jesus and what they did for a living. The main character is a scribe for a leader in the Jewish religion who is trying to get evidence he can use to prosecute Jesus to death. The writer follows Jesus throughout his life and listens to His teachings. Colin Rank captures how

This Earth Day, Know Environmental Myths

  I love spring . It has beautiful colors, lots of sunlight and warmer weather. Earth Day is part of spring too. Throughout my journalism career , I studied and wrote writing about the environment. Because Earth Day is coming, I thought I would share some of the myths associated with saving the environment. While I am in favor of saving our natural resources , I save the environment with balance, prayer and patience . You might not agree with me. That is fine. This country was founded on the principle that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Here are some environmental myths. 1. Go Solar -- While it is a good idea to get solar for your home and generate renewable energy, solar power is not as simple as everyone thinks. Adding solar to your home could cost you $15,000 to $50,000 up front. There are tax credits and rebates available from the states and federal government, but those programs almost always require you to shell out the money and then get reimbursed. Also