Skip to main content

Buy Books for Holidays, Save Churches


 I did a video last night about fall colors and change. It is important that in business you change your thinking and do something new. When you change your plans, it puts new life and new energy into your business. Fall is perfect time to think about changing how you market your writing business for the next year. It is the last quarter. You know what was successful and what might need tweaking. So, I was thinking about my blog topic. To emphasize that change is never scary, I decided to write something new this time.

By my calculations, my church needs about $200,000. I might be underestimating the amount, but that is a good number for now. The church needs a new air conditioning system, a new roof, a new sound system, a new sprinkler system and a new refrigerator. These are not things the church can pay with its weekly gifts. So I asked myself, "How can I help raise money for my church?" The answer was sell my books. Between now and Christmas, I am setting a goal to sell 1,000 of each printed version book. That would be a total of 4,000 books. I have not calculated the royalties on those sales, but I hope it would be a nice campaign to provide a nice amount to donate to my church toward all the repairs that are needed. I also can offer to sell 1,000 copies of Sink or Swim and The Dressing Table. I would have to split those royalties between the organization and my church and between the author and my church. 

Those who prefer to read on their phone, Kindle, laptop or computer, I will provide royalties from my electronic versions toward my partner's church in Pakistan. He needs to buy a building and needs to raise $20,000. I am setting a goal to sell 500 copies of my four electronic books. Again, I will throw into this mix electronic versions of Sink or Swim and The Dressing Table. The same restrictions would apply as the printed versions.

After all the sales, I will have to keep a portion of the total for expenses. I just wanted to provide that legal disclaimer. If you have a heart and are listening to the Word of God, then share this blog with others. Remember, my books are all available through Amazon, so you don't have to leave your home or turn off your phone. Please help me help these churches. God bless you. Thank you in advance for buying my books. I also want to emphasize that the churches did not ask me to write this blog, but I felt that I needed to do it.

#Savemychurch

#booksforChristmas

#LouiseHarris

#TheLASTWord

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainbows Provide Beautiful Inspiration

    In June, rainbows are used for ugly references to people who do things they shouldn't. Instead of using rainbows as symbols for that, try using rainbows for inspiration for your writing. 1. Beautiful Colors -- If you have ever seen rainbows after a storm in the sky, the colors are vivid against a dark stormy sky . These can make you think of colorful descriptions for your settings. Everyone knows the seven colors of a rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and indigo). However, the colors of the sky can range from a bluish gray to a deep charcoal when a rainbow appears. Those bright colors against the deep charcoal can be impactful.  2. Resilience -- They also can represent resilience of your characters. When a rainbow appears, it is usually after much destruction has happened. In your stories , the characters might have had to endure something similar and came through the problem with stronger life. They are shown to be resilient. In addition to fiction, rainbows

Books to Buy During Easter

  Easter is just a few weeks away. Instead of writing about marketing or editing tips, I thought I would highlight some Christian books that you could buy for gifts. The Thief, the Harlot and the Healer tells a fictional story of strength and courage in 33 A.D. of a woman who had no rights. The main character by Mike E Clements was abducted as a young woman and forced into prostitution. She has the courage to leave the brothel and is looking for salvation, but she doesn't believe her life is worth saving despite what people tell her. The story leads the reader to Rachel kneeling before the cross and understanding how much God loves her. Words in Red: Witness for the Prosecution thinks about the people around Jesus and what they did for a living. The main character is a scribe for a leader in the Jewish religion who is trying to get evidence he can use to prosecute Jesus to death. The writer follows Jesus throughout his life and listens to His teachings. Colin Rank captures how

This Earth Day, Know Environmental Myths

  I love spring . It has beautiful colors, lots of sunlight and warmer weather. Earth Day is part of spring too. Throughout my journalism career , I studied and wrote writing about the environment. Because Earth Day is coming, I thought I would share some of the myths associated with saving the environment. While I am in favor of saving our natural resources , I save the environment with balance, prayer and patience . You might not agree with me. That is fine. This country was founded on the principle that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Here are some environmental myths. 1. Go Solar -- While it is a good idea to get solar for your home and generate renewable energy, solar power is not as simple as everyone thinks. Adding solar to your home could cost you $15,000 to $50,000 up front. There are tax credits and rebates available from the states and federal government, but those programs almost always require you to shell out the money and then get reimbursed. Also